I have always had nice fingernails. Not like I was going to be a hand model or anything, but I was able to keep them looking nice at home with a little nail polish. I never felt the need to visit the nail salon on a regular basis to get fake nails and then keep them maintained. It just seemed like a waste of money, and I didn't really care to be "one of those women."
Until now. Somehow I've reached the point where I just can't grow my nails long. They've gotten brittle and insist on breaking off at the quick. In short, they are a mess. So now I need to become one of those women. And I don't know how.
Now, I don't mean I'm really a complete nail salon newbie. I've had manicures and pedicures when I felt like being pampered or before special occasions, like my wedding. I just haven't gotten fake nails, and I don't know the first thing about it.
That, dear readers, is where you come in. I've got questions, and I'm hoping you have answers. So help me out here:
1. Are acrylic nails and sculpted nails the same thing?
2. Is one type of nail better than another?
3. What should I be looking for in choosing a salon?
4. What is a reasonable price? Does that vary depending on the part of the country you're in?
5. What should I tip?
6. How does maintenance work? How often? What if I want a new color?
7. What about air-brushing? How does that work?
8. What else do I need to know?
Okay. I think that covers it. PLEASE!!! I seriously need your expertise here. Thanks in advance.
UPDATE: #9. How do you type with them and not feel like they're going to pop off? You can see these are life-changing questions here.