1. I do have to start with my family. My great big noisy extended family, none of whom are capable of keeping out of one another's business. We gather together once a month to celebrate birthdays. My mom and dad have 10 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. My daughter Alyssa is the oldest of the grandchildren. As a teen she always complained about having her aunts in her business all the time, but as soon as her younger cousins started acting dumb (synonymous with "became teenagers"), she was right there in their business too. We are all close and loving. None of those family feuds you hear about.
|My mother and 9 of 10 grandchildren in her garden|
|My mother, brother, sisters, and I|
2. This guy makes me really happy!
3. Being out on the boat on a summer evening makes me happy. Being with The Hillbilly makes it that much better.
|Crane on the California Delta|
4. I'm not much of a fisherman, but catching a fish makes me happy too.
5. Writing makes me happy. It might not make anyone else happy to read it, but this post is about what makes me happy. If you want to talk about what makes you happy, get your own blog.
6. Pretty clothes make me happy. Yeah, yeah. How shallow. Can't help it, kids. I'm just that shallow. Buying a new dress makes me happy. Taking The Hillbilly shopping with me is great because he has excellent taste. He picked out this dress:
7. While I'm being shallow anyway, shoes make me happy. You too, right?
8. Being a grandma makes me happy. Deliriously happy!
9. My hope of Heaven makes me happy. It's a peaceful, content sort of happy.
10. Sleeping late on Saturday makes me happy. Well, it does! I've never been a morning person (to put it mildly), but I'm up before dawn every morning to go
So there you have it. Anything on this list make you happy too? What would you add? What would you subtract? Leave a comment just to let me know you were here. Thanks!