This week's listicle topic is Holiday Songs.
There are no rules as to what we do with the songs, so I'm giving you a puzzle. Here are the names of ten well-known Christmas carols whose titles (or lyrics) have been revamped by a thesuarus-wielding sage. Can you figure out their real titles? Answers are at the bottom of the page.
1. From Dark 'til Dawn, Soundless and Sanctimonious.
2. The Antlered Quadruped With The Cerise Proboscis.
3. The Event Occurred One Minute After 11:59 pm With Visibility Unlimited.
4. Personal Hallucinations of an Alabaster December 25th.
5. Testimony of Witness to Maternal Parent's Infidelity with Kris Kringle.
6. In A Distant Bovine Diner.
7. Those of You Who Are True, Come Here.
8. Ornament the Enclosure with Large Sprigs of a Berry-bearing Evergreen.
9. Universal Elation.
10. The Horned Ruminants Do a Slated "Hesitation"
1. Silent Night, Holy Night
2. (Rudolph) the Red-nosed Reindeer
3. It Came Upon the Midnight Clear
4. I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas
5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
6. Away in a Manger
7. Oh Come, All Ye Faithful
8. Deck the Halls with Boughs of Holly
9. Joy to the World
10. Up on the House Top Reindeer Pause
How did you do? My favorite "intellectual" title is #4; what's yours?